Little King of Sorrows
At the ripe old age of 4.
She stands there at the door.
Carebear suitcase packed and ready.
Dora fruit snacks and her teddy.
The rules were just too much.
Countless things she couldn't touch.
The bed was not for jumping.
The chairs not made for slumping.
She never found it fair,
that she shouldn't cut her hair.
Or paint the cat with mustard,
and share her favorite custard.
She tried so hard to plead her case,
of all the marker upon her face.
Over tea her doll did say,
how fabulous she looked that way.
All those meals she didn't desire.
The sight of candles in the drier.
Every fun thing was a no.
She just knew she had to go.
'I'm never coming back' she said.
Her mother smiles and nods her head.
'Guess these toys I'll give away,
I'll miss you tons, enjoy your day.'
Frozen still with hands on hips,
as mother pulls down chocolate chips.
'Perhaps I'll stay just one more night.'
Her mother laughs and says 'Alright'.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chips Ahoy by Little King of Sorrows )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- TEBEHC OUR LOVE WILL FLOURISH, ANTHONY KIRUI
- How to Control the Beast, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Crestfallen, Gilbert Ortega
- The Vampire, Gilbert Ortega
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal