Little King of Sorrows
A Friend Forever
Through all I said, and all I've shown,
you must know by now your not alone.
I come and go just like a wave,
Not one to hold you like a slave.
I demand to care and that you know,
you always have a place to go,
inside of me a spot I saved,
within my heart, you name engraved.
Your painful story cut like knife,
when you claimed you tried to end your life,
if again that sorrow takes it's toll,
give me the chance to make you whole.
No matter where I go from here,
don't ever call my name in fear,
A friend forever, I swear on my son,
My time with you, is never done.
You are so special, so very dear,
I hope I somehow made that clear.
I know not what you think of me,
or if your friend I even be,
At least I know these words are true,
I'll always save my best for you.
A simple write, as my time is rushed,
a simple picture, I quickly brushed,
Give up on me, if you feel you must,
but my intentions were pure, it wasn't lust.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Friend Forever by Little King of Sorrows )
- Shadow of Death, Tosin Abegunde
- Graceful ghost rag, Peter Jay Shippy
- The State-Progress Of Ill, Lord Edward Herbert of Cherb ..
- On the perilous effects of buried alien .., Peter Jay Shippy
- To Heal a Weakling Child, Peter Jay Shippy
- Reading Rilke's Sonnets to Children, Peter Jay Shippy
- Sonnet on the Author's Birthday, Robert Burns
- Promises, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lost, Ahmed Tawfik
- Egghead, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)