Little King of Sorrows
A Place to Rest My Soul
Life for me was hollow,
Color's were just a shade,
The days just ran together,
Dreams they slowly fade.
Every waking moment,
getting harder than the last,
Hopes about the future,
tarred and feathered by the past.
Smiles a force of habit,
As pure as man-made snow,
Real enough to see it,
But fake enough to know.
My actions like a zombie,
thoughtless instinct to the core,
no rhyme or reason for it,
my life was just a bore.
Then an unexpected beacon,
Happened to come within my sight,
After months of colorless nothing,
My eyes adjust to light.
A spark to light this candle,
that burned out long ago,
Some fuel to feed my engine,
A jump start to my soul.
A little faith in fairy tales,
has come back to me tonight,
I want this to be it now,
I believe in love at first sight.
I await a second meeting,
for the first was short but sweet,
but in the span of being strangers,
she swept me off my feet.
I know not what becomes us,
but for now it gives me hope,
For now it stops the bleeding,
It loosens up this rope.
But just that much has brightened.
A dark and lonely town,
A spot to rest my feet on,
when i was just about to drown.
© 2-4-2009 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Place to Rest My Soul by Little King of Sorrows )
- if i were a day, i'd say, Mandolyn ...
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)