VALENTINE YET TO END
am coming home
then show you how valentines is celebrated
let's do it in a unique way
that no man can understand
let's do it without roses
and without red attires.
Let's do it at no pain of this scorching sun
but under the light of beautiful night stars
lets whisper in unheard voices
and tell the untold.
Lets use our tongues
and let our hands talk
let our body produce the heat
and let our sound bring the mood.
Yes, let's make a love cake
and sweet wine from our saliva.
Let everybody know
that our valentines comes everyday
let them feel how sweet it is.
This is what I call valentines.
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (VALENTINE YET TO END by Cunningham Mbati )
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost