LOVE THAT NEVER EXISTED
I am sorry
I never loved you
despite all your effort to show how much you wanted me.
It wasn't because you are not cute
But because I never feelings for you.
The tears you shed for my love
were enough to touch my heart
your sweet words were sweet enough to woo me
and your body figure was enough to attract me
but that couldn't make me say I love you.
I have no regrets at all but just sorry for hurting you.
I saw love become hate from you
when you said you hate me
I didn't feel it as it was the jealousy in you
At one point I thought
that you were desperate for love.
Just a few days you were in love again
I knew you had found the one you deserve
I felt unburdened and relieved
but wondered how fast it was.
You have a magic love.
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (LOVE THAT NEVER EXISTED by Cunningham Mbati )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1895 - 1985)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- lux et umbra, Ann Dow
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah