LOVE THAT NEVER EXISTED
I am sorry
I never loved you
despite all your effort to show how much you wanted me.
It wasn't because you are not cute
But because I never feelings for you.
The tears you shed for my love
were enough to touch my heart
your sweet words were sweet enough to woo me
and your body figure was enough to attract me
but that couldn't make me say I love you.
I have no regrets at all but just sorry for hurting you.
I saw love become hate from you
when you said you hate me
I didn't feel it as it was the jealousy in you
At one point I thought
that you were desperate for love.
Just a few days you were in love again
I knew you had found the one you deserve
I felt unburdened and relieved
but wondered how fast it was.
You have a magic love.
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (LOVE THAT NEVER EXISTED by Cunningham Mbati )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Vikram G. Aarella
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe