It's not bad life that makes me write
but it's the inspiration that makes me to be right
this is a given gift
that I will never let it fall on my left.
As young as ten
I wrote musical versus
until I realized it in my teen
that wasn't for me
They say writers are crazy
but I say readers are lazy
they say we will die early
but I believe you'll surfer your belly.
Books and pens stay with us
that we have little for our lives
our hair get plucked
but our brains make us genius.
So you think we don't have a life?
No, you choose a life
I speak what is in my mind
for you cannot write what you mind.
Life is a game you play to win
I win by writing facts
I get no pay
for I volunteer to say.
I will live poor
but I will never die poor.
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lazy Reader by Cunningham Mbati )
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster
- Never the end, Curtis Brown
- LOVE FOLDS, shannon strauss