It's not bad life that makes me write
but it's the inspiration that makes me to be right
this is a given gift
that I will never let it fall on my left.
As young as ten
I wrote musical versus
until I realized it in my teen
that wasn't for me
They say writers are crazy
but I say readers are lazy
they say we will die early
but I believe you'll surfer your belly.
Books and pens stay with us
that we have little for our lives
our hair get plucked
but our brains make us genius.
So you think we don't have a life?
No, you choose a life
I speak what is in my mind
for you cannot write what you mind.
Life is a game you play to win
I win by writing facts
I get no pay
for I volunteer to say.
I will live poor
but I will never die poor.
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lazy Reader by Cunningham Mbati )
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns