Its hot like soup
and bitter like pepper.
More of pain
than how it can gain.
It's separating me from you,
it's killing our love
and it's taking away our brotherhood.
This is a forced divorced.
I know u would want we remain tight
but this pressure is too high.
Look at what we have achieved
and let this political madness go.
I live in fear
but I want u to promise me some things.
You'll not burn my house
nor kill my brothers and sisters.
You'll not make me an orphan
and you'll not chase me from my land.
Assure me my business will be safe
and my movement will not be disrupted.
Call me a Kenyan
and let me be your tribe's man.
I feel the tense
so listen to my pleas
Let's build it together
and let's mentor it together
I mean let's make it better
than bring it to a taste that is bitter.
I call it peace
when others say it's a political piece.
Cunningham Mbati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (PEACE by Cunningham Mbati )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui