Umpiring A Competition...... [Poem By Request; Kinda Short; Poem Competition Umpires]
Elyas does progress through competition so well.
Gratitude, for the four umpires, in him does swell.
Doctors Nejati and Rang Avar are the names of two.
And two other nice humans with a good world view.
Elyas was impressed with their humanity concern.
From each other I'm sure they all can more learn.
Dr. Nejati kindly posed some questions to answer.
I bet Elyas handled them like a comfortable dancer.
It would be nice if all contestants could be 'the winner'.
But not winning is not as bad as being a sinner.
I send good luck wishes to my friend Elyas in Iran,
And to the Umpires for doing.....whatever they can.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Umpiring A Competition...... [Poem By Request; Kinda Short; Poem Competition Umpires] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)