Umpiring A Competition...... [Poem By Request; Kinda Short; Poem Competition Umpires]
Elyas does progress through competition so well.
Gratitude, for the four umpires, in him does swell.
Doctors Nejati and Rang Avar are the names of two.
And two other nice humans with a good world view.
Elyas was impressed with their humanity concern.
From each other I'm sure they all can more learn.
Dr. Nejati kindly posed some questions to answer.
I bet Elyas handled them like a comfortable dancer.
It would be nice if all contestants could be 'the winner'.
But not winning is not as bad as being a sinner.
I send good luck wishes to my friend Elyas in Iran,
And to the Umpires for doing.....whatever they can.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Umpiring A Competition...... [Poem By Request; Kinda Short; Poem Competition Umpires] by Bri Edwards )
(1895 - 1985)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Remember, Christina Georgina Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Peace, hafiz qasim
- While Strolling Down the Beach Today, Kenn Nesbitt
- I Am A Don, I Am A Don. Yes, Boss, You A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- In a Nutshell, hafiz qasim
- Rapture, Robert Dana
- Love's Just Like That, Kevin John Racaza
- Moments, Kevin John Racaza
- English Culture Cannot Be Multi-Culti, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Nothing, Kevin John Racaza
- Twilight on the Beach, Mary Dow Brine