True Friendship~Vanilla and Ice
....Lower your expectations...
Could we ask for true friends?
I think all we can do
is to offer being one,
I believe most people are warm
but it is not easy
to find like minded people.
We are all different,
way of living,
may have points of similarities
but also great differences.
When we learn to accept
as the spice
that makes people original,
like vanilla with ice
we ourselves might become
kind and gentle.
I am not such, still learning.
The mind will always
want to judge and impose
that proves to be different,
So maybe from here comes
the well known word
which is supposed
to bring a soul its peace:
'FOLLOW YOUR HEART'
One day I hope my heart
will come to be the true friend
Of my own mind
Mixing as gently and kind
As vanilla with creamy ice.
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Friendship~Vanilla and Ice by Elena Sandu )
Did you read them?
- Pilgrims, Suresh Dogra
- Arms of Rain, lakshmi s bose
- Once gone, Sentamu Aziz
- Misnomer, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Retribution, Valsa George
- Complete Puzzle, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Life, Faisal Qaiyum
- Kamala Das (II), Bijay Kant Dubey
- "American Exceptionalism", michael walkerjohn
- The man who could float on air, JJ Evendon
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Chocolate Cake, Michael Rosen
- Television, Roald Dahl
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge