True Friendship~Vanilla and Ice
....Lower your expectations...
Could we ask for true friends?
I think all we can do
is to offer being one,
I believe most people are warm
but it is not easy
to find like minded people.
We are all different,
way of living,
may have points of similarities
but also great differences.
When we learn to accept
as the spice
that makes people original,
like vanilla with ice
we ourselves might become
kind and gentle.
I am not such, still learning.
The mind will always
want to judge and impose
that proves to be different,
So maybe from here comes
the well known word
which is supposed
to bring a soul its peace:
'FOLLOW YOUR HEART'
One day I hope my heart
will come to be the true friend
Of my own mind
Mixing as gently and kind
As vanilla with creamy ice.
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Friendship~Vanilla and Ice by Elena Sandu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harold Hart Crane
(21 July 1899 – 27 April 1932)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(25 November 1890 – 1 April 1918)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Ranga Duniya ne Dkhaya hai Nirala, Kumar Vishwas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty