True Friendship~Vanilla and Ice
....Lower your expectations...
Could we ask for true friends?
I think all we can do
is to offer being one,
I believe most people are warm
but it is not easy
to find like minded people.
We are all different,
way of living,
may have points of similarities
but also great differences.
When we learn to accept
as the spice
that makes people original,
like vanilla with ice
we ourselves might become
kind and gentle.
I am not such, still learning.
The mind will always
want to judge and impose
that proves to be different,
So maybe from here comes
the well known word
which is supposed
to bring a soul its peace:
'FOLLOW YOUR HEART'
One day I hope my heart
will come to be the true friend
Of my own mind
Mixing as gently and kind
As vanilla with creamy ice.
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Friendship~Vanilla and Ice by Elena Sandu )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(march 12 1950)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Fish, Elizabeth Bishop
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram
- There's nothing like dance, Yisel Chong
- No One Could Ever Understand, Thabang Rakimane
- You made me evil, Yisel Chong
- The time machine, Yisel Chong
- Blue-eyed boy Mr. Death for e.e. cummings, r james sterzinger
- Salvation Jane, vince gullaci