True Friendship~Vanilla and Ice
....Lower your expectations...
Could we ask for true friends?
I think all we can do
is to offer being one,
I believe most people are warm
but it is not easy
to find like minded people.
We are all different,
way of living,
may have points of similarities
but also great differences.
When we learn to accept
as the spice
that makes people original,
like vanilla with ice
we ourselves might become
kind and gentle.
I am not such, still learning.
The mind will always
want to judge and impose
that proves to be different,
So maybe from here comes
the well known word
which is supposed
to bring a soul its peace:
'FOLLOW YOUR HEART'
One day I hope my heart
will come to be the true friend
Of my own mind
Mixing as gently and kind
As vanilla with creamy ice.
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Friendship~Vanilla and Ice by Elena Sandu )
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- LOVE, Nicholas Campbell
- I'm So Lonely, Emma R. Kessler
- THE KING, Nicholas Campbell
- Fair Exchange?, John F. McCullagh
- When I Lost You, Emma R. Kessler
- Sleepyhead, Mark R. Elias
- Lover, Emma R. Kessler
- Bitter love, ontomu william
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns