True Friendship~Vanilla and Ice
....Lower your expectations...
Could we ask for true friends?
I think all we can do
is to offer being one,
I believe most people are warm
but it is not easy
to find like minded people.
We are all different,
way of living,
may have points of similarities
but also great differences.
When we learn to accept
as the spice
that makes people original,
like vanilla with ice
we ourselves might become
kind and gentle.
I am not such, still learning.
The mind will always
want to judge and impose
that proves to be different,
So maybe from here comes
the well known word
which is supposed
to bring a soul its peace:
'FOLLOW YOUR HEART'
One day I hope my heart
will come to be the true friend
Of my own mind
Mixing as gently and kind
As vanilla with creamy ice.
Elena Sandu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (True Friendship~Vanilla and Ice by Elena Sandu )
Did you read them?
- सूर्य का अवतरण ढूँढते रह गए (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Young Man on a Bad Trip, Donal Mahoney
- The Golden Gate, Edward Kofi Louis
- Words - The Heart of Imagination?, Darlene Walsh
- With Your Vocation, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vocation, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Descent, Edward Kofi Louis
- Follow The Star, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Forgive And Let Go, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Good morning again, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- trash bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)