He, a seeker after Truth, set out
on an audacious journey
to see his old master
With a handful of blooms
he paused before the open door.
From deep meditation
the squatted figure, looked up.
In a trance, he saw the silhouette of a man.
On gazing intent, emerged distinct
his former disciple, left long ago
Seeing his hands laden with flowers,
the master smiled a coy smile.
In close surveillance, the penetrating eyes
gauged him through and through.
The master’s pursed lips opened ajar.
From him, arose a single word-
Gentle but firm was its timbre.
He dropped the flowers, one by one.
In sterner voice, the master said,
All at once, he let the remaining blooms
go off his clasp
and down they fell around his feet.
Folding empty hands, he stood,
waiting for the master’s behest
After an eerie silence,
once more came the hefty command-
Stupefied, the disciple queried-
‘’ What more should I drop? “
Master's eyes emitted sparks!
‘’ Not the flowers, but your ego”-
Instant was his reply.
A spear stuck deep into his self.
As by a whirl wind, his body tottered.
He felt a deep twirl inside.
Unfastening the hinges
of the imperious shutters,
a boulder rolled down,
dropping to the ground with a thud.
Back home, the disciple walked,
the cloggy fog clearing from his head
and feeling weightless as a feather!
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Transformation by Valsa George )
Did you read them?
- Sonnet: To My Doctor Boss, Dr John Celes
- Awakening, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Ours, Neela Nath
- Abstinence, Angela K Brown
- It Makes You Sad, mary douglas
- Let light be, hasmukh amathalal
- People of the Fourth World, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)