He, a seeker after Truth, set out
on an audacious journey
to see his old master
With a handful of blooms
he paused before the open door.
From deep meditation
the squatted figure, looked up.
In a trance, he saw the silhouette of a man.
On gazing intent, emerged distinct
his former disciple, left long ago
Seeing his hands laden with flowers,
the master smiled a coy smile.
In close surveillance, the penetrating eyes
gauged him through and through.
The master’s pursed lips opened ajar.
From him, arose a single word-
Gentle but firm was its timbre.
He dropped the flowers, one by one.
In sterner voice, the master said,
All at once, he let the remaining blooms
go off his clasp
and down they fell around his feet.
Folding empty hands, he stood,
waiting for the master’s behest
After an eerie silence,
once more came the hefty command-
Stupefied, the disciple queried-
‘’ What more should I drop? “
Master's eyes emitted sparks!
‘’ Not the flowers, but your ego”-
Instant was his reply.
A spear stuck deep into his self.
As by a whirl wind, his body tottered.
He felt a deep twirl inside.
Unfastening the hinges
of the imperious shutters,
a boulder rolled down,
dropping to the ground with a thud.
Back home, the disciple walked,
the cloggy fog clearing from his head
and feeling weightless as a feather!
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Transformation by Valsa George )
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Bull Hawking
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- The Innkeeper’s Wife, Clive Sansom
- ALWAYS ON MY MIND, Stanley Oguh
- Wicketkeepers, Quir Diing Jr.
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- Le Déluge, Alfred de Vigny
Poem of the Day
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL