We call ourselves; the 21st centurions,
Civilized and many more…
In reality, our thoughts
Still sticked to uncivilized era.
The so called civilians,
Carrying the ideas of untouchability;
Are the pillars of the society?
Pathetic! Would be the scenario.
Two decades of education,
Fails to eradicate the thoughts of untouchability…
What would come; in rescue of cleansing the minds of real untouchables,
Will ever social justice be possible?
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Untouchables! by Queeny Gona )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)