The 'Shoulders' Of Our Nation..... [U.S. President; Politics? ; Responsibility; SHORT]
For what reason do we elect “The President” ……every four years?
The election result brings smiles to some; to others it brings tears.
Then, if popular opinion sides with “Him”, “He” gets the credit;
BUT when things turn out poorly, “He” gets blamed; you can BET it!
So I guess “He’s” our “Shoulder”, for us/”U.S.”, to pamper or to pound,
saving us from having to spread the praise, OR the poison, all around.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The 'Shoulders' Of Our Nation..... [U.S. President; Politics? ; Responsibility; SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
- Caught In the Crossfire, David Clinch
- Lonnie Donegan Stood, David Clinch
- The Survivor, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)