The Road Not Taken Revisited
Two roads diverged in a shabby wood,
And Sorry would not travel both.
Vision not clear from where I stood
And precious soul under my hood,
Too afraid from darkened growth
“Frost path on my mind”
I looked down both as far as I could.
Muhammadan shaped the far left troth,
Christendom where Robin Hood once stood
And both my way misunderstood.
Too much bent and undergrowth!
“To keep the peace I resigned”
A third I discovered same day,
Star of David sharp dagger
Bleeds Palestine dry like chipped clay.
I broke today in another way,
Made me stumble and stagger.
“I fell to depression’s grind”
And having perhaps the better claim,
Thought for passing there felt queer,
Had worn me really about the same.
Mistrust man’s repetitive shame.
Syria again the holocaust tear
“ Hope lost when eyes turn blind”
Sorry to say, I hesitated to travel
The cross or crescent leveling rod.
Their justice laid the modern gavel
Where Compassion tends to unravel.
The better I am without man’s God
“Can faith exist without mankind? ”
Voltaire valiantly voiced and I quote:
“If God does not exist man must invent him”.
After undressing memorial's trench coat,
Tallying killed souls note-by-note,
Avoid history’s past mistakes are dim.
“ Philosopher’s heart declined! ”
I shall be telling this with a cry:
Generals and renegades plan wars, and hence
Hearts diverge where God always stood, and I
Took his one road less traveled by:
Peace. And that has made all the difference.
“Finally my pen signed! ”
-Copyright Leaking Pen 2013-
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Road Not Taken Revisited by Leaking Pen )
- Satan's obsessions, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- War (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Finally hope fades away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What can we do not to sin again? ? ? ?, ademola oluwabusayo
- Childhood collection poem -4, soulful heart
- Tell me you love me, Tiku akp
- All cut jokes, hasmukh amathalal
- Finally Freed (Unbound), Dylan Attard
- This materialistic world هذا العالم المادي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My dream (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)