The stage is set
The risers placed
Butterflies should be in bed.
But no! Oh no!
Stubborn like hunger
They float in my stomach
Give me the chill
Freeze my will
Make me ill.
Where your hearts belong
Out there in nature's garden
Why shelter in the darkness of my stomach?
Leave me alone
I have my own concerns
Don't need more wings
Fluttering with fears.
The breath of life, where are you?
Take a deep breath I'm told,
To help expand my lungs
And cast away from my stomach
I will perform well tonight,
Walk on stage
Proud in my walk
Towards the grand piano
And face all these faces
Why are they still staring at me?
Oh I forgot to chase away the last butterfly
Tilting my gift to a panic!
Away! Away I breathe you away,
Last butterfly from my loins
I am free to face fear without fear
My house is cleared from all fears.
Butterflies I pin you on this poem
A reminder never to have fears from within,
You belong out there in nature
I embrace and celebrate your gift
The gift of life itself;
Pollination, an outreach from God's mind.
I do not fear my nature anymore,
I discovered the yoga in my breath!
Copyright Leaking Pen 2012
Rev Nov 7th 2014
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Butterflies by Leaking Pen )
- Poppy, Hazel Connelly
- When Owls Do Cry, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Beautiful Sunset, John F. McCullagh
- Dull glory, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- The Blue of His Face, Marieta Maglas
- Moonlight Love, Krystal Whinery
- Haiku&, Morgan Michaels
- Haiku# Life-6, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Swollen Heart, Ronald Chapman
- Riddle poem-2, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)