The stage is set
The risers placed
Butterflies should be in bed.
But no! Oh no!
Stubborn like hunger
They float in my stomach
Give me the chill
Freeze my will
Make me ill.
Where your hearts belong
Out there in nature's garden
Why shelter in the darkness of my stomach?
Leave me alone
I have my own concerns
Don't need more wings
Fluttering with fears.
The breath of life, where are you?
Take a deep breath I'm told,
To help expand my lungs
And cast away from my stomach
I will perform well tonight,
Walk on stage
Proud in my walk
Towards the grand piano
And face all these faces
Why are they still staring at me?
Oh I forgot to chase away the last butterfly
Tilting my gift to a panic!
Away! Away I breathe you away,
Last butterfly from my loins
I am free to face fear without fear
My house is cleared from all fears.
Butterflies I pin you on this poem
A reminder never to have fears from within,
You belong out there in nature
I embrace and celebrate your gift
The gift of life itself;
Pollination, an outreach from God's mind.
I do not fear my nature anymore,
I discovered the yoga in my breath!
Copyright Leaking Pen 2012
Rev Nov 7th 2014
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Butterflies by Leaking Pen )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem
- The Making of Me: Tune Me Up, Niealie Petit
- Show Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Time Is Of Love, Naveed Akram
- The Wings Of Time, Noah Body
- Passing By The Pond, Tony Adah
- Ode to Now, David Whalen
- The Girl and her Dragon, Kevin Maroney
- What is Life, Andrea Cortesi