The Foul Room Of Diana Hardy
The door stood, antediluvian and cold,
With wooden shavings spread around,
And so filthy that o'er worst days
I shan't enter or hold
The doorknob on which bound
Squalor of the London ways.
And the floor which held
Tissues and crap
And gargantuan blots of spew
That once when Lord Hardy fell'd
Not even the cologne could wrap
His body which refused to be born anew.
And the walls, abode to flies,
And washed with dirt,
That Lord Hardy raised a clever doubt
Of whether Diana Hardy uttered adverse lies
When he beheld her clean, ironed skirt
Which yet held its rhinestones about.
And the ceiling dropping murky water under,
On the tress of the chambermaid,
And deposits rust upon her head.
And Lord Hardy ill and asunder,
Admonishing the lass for what couldn't fade,
And saw her clothes laid on her bed.
'O Diana! In the name of Christ, hold
Thy apparel and keep 'em aside.'
And Lord Hardy sporting his rosy jowl,
Held the codswallop and folded and roll'd,
And shoves it in what the closet couldn't confide.
And Lord Hardy let out a howl.
Thus, pestered Diana to dress
Her boudoir in moral principle.
But untrue as her name,
She purified in a week to mess
What hath remained invincible
And yet Lord Hardy upheld the blame.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Foul Room Of Diana Hardy by Devanshi Khetarpal )
- Eyes they see, Diplove gautam
- Inconstancy in love, Robert Burns
- On Elphinstone's Translation of Martial'.., Robert Burns
- Indigenous architecture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jos Master, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Open the door to me, oh, Robert Burns
- Ballad on Mr. Heron's Election—No. 4, Robert Burns
- Poem on Sensibility, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The True Loyal Natives, Robert Burns
- Epitaph on John Dove, Innkeeper, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)