The Foul Room Of Diana Hardy
The door stood, antediluvian and cold,
With wooden shavings spread around,
And so filthy that o'er worst days
I shan't enter or hold
The doorknob on which bound
Squalor of the London ways.
And the floor which held
Tissues and crap
And gargantuan blots of spew
That once when Lord Hardy fell'd
Not even the cologne could wrap
His body which refused to be born anew.
And the walls, abode to flies,
And washed with dirt,
That Lord Hardy raised a clever doubt
Of whether Diana Hardy uttered adverse lies
When he beheld her clean, ironed skirt
Which yet held its rhinestones about.
And the ceiling dropping murky water under,
On the tress of the chambermaid,
And deposits rust upon her head.
And Lord Hardy ill and asunder,
Admonishing the lass for what couldn't fade,
And saw her clothes laid on her bed.
'O Diana! In the name of Christ, hold
Thy apparel and keep 'em aside.'
And Lord Hardy sporting his rosy jowl,
Held the codswallop and folded and roll'd,
And shoves it in what the closet couldn't confide.
And Lord Hardy let out a howl.
Thus, pestered Diana to dress
Her boudoir in moral principle.
But untrue as her name,
She purified in a week to mess
What hath remained invincible
And yet Lord Hardy upheld the blame.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Foul Room Of Diana Hardy by Devanshi Khetarpal )
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Washerman's Ass Find I Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thanksgiving, Akhtar Jawad
- From Dust We Come, Rachel Glassman
- The exception, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Lucy Maud Montgomery
(30 November 1874 – 24 Nisan 1942)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)