He turned the doorknob
To see it move.
He lifted the carpet
To see the floor.
He held you in his arms
To see how you weigh.
He bought a plant
To see how it grows.
He washed his hands with soap
To get its scent.
He looked up at the sky
To see if it had changed.
He wrote this poem
To see if you'd read it.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Miscellaneous by Devanshi Khetarpal )
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Just A Few Simple Words, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)