He turned the doorknob
To see it move.
He lifted the carpet
To see the floor.
He held you in his arms
To see how you weigh.
He bought a plant
To see how it grows.
He washed his hands with soap
To get its scent.
He looked up at the sky
To see if it had changed.
He wrote this poem
To see if you'd read it.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Miscellaneous by Devanshi Khetarpal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston