He turned the doorknob
To see it move.
He lifted the carpet
To see the floor.
He held you in his arms
To see how you weigh.
He bought a plant
To see how it grows.
He washed his hands with soap
To get its scent.
He looked up at the sky
To see if it had changed.
He wrote this poem
To see if you'd read it.
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Miscellaneous by Devanshi Khetarpal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel
- Three Coins For Her Love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Unknown life's beauty, binod bastola