As the sun shone bright
Over the intense deep blue ocean,
The small boat smoothly sailed,
Moving calmly over the mild waves,
Searching for the distant island
Near the lustrous horizon..
The sky suddenly transformed,
From fantasy blue to deadly grey,
With thunder clouds grasping its surface!
Lightnings struck, tornadoes rejoiced!
And the tiny boat was nowhere to be seen..
Enormous waves splashed in the coast
Distressed Seagulls flew for life,
Darkness enveloped all around
And torrential rains poured
Piercing the bleeding paradise.
It was dusk…
The ocean silently came to a standstill,
And there lay the boat, upside down,
Stranded on the wet seashore,
With the shaking life lying beside,
Still breathing softly,
Trying to rejuvenate for another voyage
To the island of dreams!
Copyright © 2012 Indranil Bhaduri
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Boat by Indranil Bhaduri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- WE ARE TEMPORARILY HERE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waxing Grandiloquent, Margaret Alice Second
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan