End of Existence
A breathing bud of life
Lived inside her womb,
Waiting to take a plunge
Into the beautiful crooked world,
In the broad shining daylight.
The closed eyes and the kicks
Made her turn crimson red,
As she blushed feeling shy,
Expressing her eternal glee,
With happy tears as she shed.
Time moved on
As the sharp social claws,
Pounced on the maiden,
And she screamed and cried,
To save the heartbeats inside
But all in vain!
The blood flowing on the floor
Announced the annihilation of existence,
As the budding seed and the lass
Were not there to smile anymore!
Copyright © 2012 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (End of Existence by Indranil Bhaduri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Sound Advice, Edward Kofi Louis
- A WOMAN OF NO FREEDOM FOR CONSCIENCE, alexander opicho
- The Fountain Of Youth, Jim Yerman
- 'Golden-Boy', Edward Kofi Louis
- After The Rain, Ronald Chapman
- अराय सैथो, Bahadur Basumatary
- Having Premarital Sex, Edward Kofi Louis
- Vision of India, Laxman Rao
- Under The Big Oak Tree, Edward Kofi Louis
- As You Came Along, Edward Kofi Louis