There it was a deadly silence, grasping all around!
The insects rejoiced, slowly crawling, causing yet no sound.
Pitch darkness prevailed then, all across the land!
And there walked a human figure, a lit-up lamp in his hand.
His face was shady, invisible, his eyes carried a glow,
A blurred vision of stealthy steps that was, in the show.
His other palm gripped a sword, with slowly dripping blood!
A shivering story was in the making, as he fell down in the mud!
The burning lamp was lying beside, thus lighting up his face,
It was dawn and the sun came on, wiping out the grimace.
And shining bright under the light he took his last breath,
There he was, my own conscience, dying a painful death!
Copyright © 2012 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by Indranil Bhaduri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein
- Myself, Edgar Albert Guest
- Where Is The Respect, Ronell Warren Alman
- Went up a year this evening!, Emily Dickinson
- Universally Respected, James Brunton Stephens
- RESPECT, don wilson
- Heavenly Father, Emily Dickinson
- Respect, David Harris
- Respectability, Robert Browning
- A Christmas Carol, William Topaz McGonagall
Poem of the Day
- Heal Us, Sandra Feldman
- Let's Be Positively Civilized, Sandra Feldman
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin