Crumpled Piece Of Paper
I was all alone
With the pale candle light burning by my side.
Disturbed thoughts and isolated mind
Eating up my soul.
The broken heart sobbed in distress,
And gradually, the solitude engulfed me..
I franctically searched for my lost feelings
And my lustful wishes got devastated
For my missing love,
With me lamenting in melancholy.
The half empty glass fell down
Freeing itself out of my trembling hands,
And broke into numerous pieces,
With scattered capsules all over the floor
Till you came in as the beautiful angel
And put your tender lips on mine..
Bringing the sparkles of distant stars all around
With your divine kiss,
Opening the doors of paradise
For my lonely soul to step in..
Thus leaving the crumpled piece of paper
Lying on the table
Penned with my last wishes saying
'Goodbye World'..! !
Copyright © 2012 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crumpled Piece Of Paper by Indranil Bhaduri )
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
- Together Alone, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
- Love Can Do It, Akhtar Jawad
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The flame of hope, bryan wallace
- Myself, Hans Raj Sharma
- The Ends and the Means, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1930 - 1998)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)