Crumpled Piece Of Paper
I was all alone
With the pale candle light burning by my side.
Disturbed thoughts and isolated mind
Eating up my soul.
The broken heart sobbed in distress,
And gradually, the solitude engulfed me..
I franctically searched for my lost feelings
And my lustful wishes got devastated
For my missing love,
With me lamenting in melancholy.
The half empty glass fell down
Freeing itself out of my trembling hands,
And broke into numerous pieces,
With scattered capsules all over the floor
Till you came in as the beautiful angel
And put your tender lips on mine..
Bringing the sparkles of distant stars all around
With your divine kiss,
Opening the doors of paradise
For my lonely soul to step in..
Thus leaving the crumpled piece of paper
Lying on the table
Penned with my last wishes saying
'Goodbye World'..! !
Copyright © 2012 Indranil Bhaduri
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crumpled Piece Of Paper by Indranil Bhaduri )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray
- Selfish, Naomi Mith
- Tagorer Song (#12) My Invisible Flute, Tushar Ray
- Tagore Song (#11) Who is this piano pla.., Tushar Ray
- THOUGHT-LIFE (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello