Lawrence S. Pertillar
(The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
Somehow the meaninglessness...
Many describe as senseless,
Has a meaningfulness...
In a useful kind of way.
The acceptance of a nothingness...
As it is applied,
Has a purpose that drives curiosities...
To perceive a conception connected,
With a totalness lived.
Yet arguably not perfected.
And rejecting this completion given,
As 'part of' a mural of existence...
Does not validate,
Like a timeless void without exits.
And since there aren't any witnessed...
Since there is an attention given it.
Even within the abstraction that attracts,
A collective misunderstanding of what it is.
Whatever it is,
You and I try scientifically to determine.
In our limited mindsets to fit it in.
And even if that meaningless nothing,
Is described as senseless...
There is a meaningfulness of it,
That is with us here to stay!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((The) Acceptance of a Nothingness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
Poem of the Day
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace