Lawrence S. Pertillar
(The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
Somehow the meaninglessness...
Many describe as senseless,
Has a meaningfulness...
In a useful kind of way.
The acceptance of a nothingness...
As it is applied,
Has a purpose that drives curiosities...
To perceive a conception connected,
With a totalness lived.
Yet arguably not perfected.
And rejecting this completion given,
As 'part of' a mural of existence...
Does not validate,
Like a timeless void without exits.
And since there aren't any witnessed...
Since there is an attention given it.
Even within the abstraction that attracts,
A collective misunderstanding of what it is.
Whatever it is,
You and I try scientifically to determine.
In our limited mindsets to fit it in.
And even if that meaningless nothing,
Is described as senseless...
There is a meaningfulness of it,
That is with us here to stay!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((The) Acceptance of a Nothingness by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns