Erika Wingo Poems
- Who Am I? I don't know When I became Who I have become I ...
- Prelude To Death When you speak Your voice carries and finds...
- Memory I remember once, when I was a little girl I ...
- Internal Photograph Give me your hand Follow me To where ...
- Impossibilities I cannot keep you, You are not mine to ...
- The Moments After In the moments after you had gone It ...
- Father When we are face to face, And I look directly at ...
Hello to all my fellow PoemHunters! My name is Erika, I am 36 years old and the mother of three wonderful children. I have a 20 year old daughter, a 17 year old son and my youngest son is 7. I am also now the proud Grandmother of a precious and adorable 8 month old little baby girl. My very first grandchild and I'm loving it! I am happily married to a man who has been the one and only love of my ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
When we are face to face,
And I look directly at you,
It's almost like looking at my own
reflection in the mirror
I echo your phrases
I copy your humor
I repeat your gestures
as my own,
Without any intention to do so
I'm so much like you,
I see myself in you,
and you in myself
Created in your image,
Born from your seed
You are my Father,
Yet we are no more than