Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
(The) Budding Grace of April
It's the 28th of April,
And the 29th comes soon.
The 27th was a Friday that passed,
In a year that speeds...
Faster than a rising hot air balloon.
Blooming trees and colors of Spring,
Brings a joy that the frost slips its grip...
And when May comes with full entourage...
Reminding us when it leaves,
We reflected on Memorial Day!
With a grieving that relieves.
Planted and placed are flowers potted,
As reminders never to forget...
Those loved and respected,
The dearly departed!
And as Aprils' mix,
Of fantastic hues blitzing us goes...
We warm within those hopeful visions,
To find sanctuary!
To keep a repeated peace,
And a comforting place...
That introduces a miracle unfolding!
Witnessing this earthly birth.
That seems to rejuvenate
Each time it is renewed,
With the budding grace of April!
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.