Lawrence S. Pertillar
(The) Budding Grace of April
It's the 28th of April,
And the 29th comes soon.
The 27th was a Friday that passed,
In a year that speeds...
Faster than a rising hot air balloon.
Blooming trees and colors of Spring,
Brings a joy that the frost slips its grip...
And when May comes with full entourage...
Reminding us when it leaves,
We reflected on Memorial Day!
With a grieving that relieves.
Planted and placed are flowers potted,
As reminders never to forget...
Those loved and respected,
The dearly departed!
And as Aprils' mix,
Of fantastic hues blitzing us goes...
We warm within those hopeful visions,
To find sanctuary!
To keep a repeated peace,
And a comforting place...
That introduces a miracle unfolding!
Witnessing this earthly birth.
That seems to rejuvenate
Each time it is renewed,
With the budding grace of April!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((The) Budding Grace of April by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK