Lawrence S. Pertillar
' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your Risk Foundation '
We are pleased you have chosen to run again,
For public office.
There are a 'few' who donated to your campaign efforts,
That last time...
Several years ago,
Now want to know...
What has happened to the millions unaccountable,
For that past attempt.
Can you explain how that funding was spent?
'Of course I can.
I am more than delighted.
I've been wanting to clear the air of that issue for years.
My wife and I are founders...
Of 'The Freed of Getting Frisked At Your Risk Foundation'.
And what we have done with those millions entrusted to us,
Is to ensure every stray animal...
Dog, cat, bird or beaver,
Regardless of its pedigree...
Is given an opportunity to have free legal consultation.
A kennel worthy of being lined,
With updated newspapers printing the latest...
Of entertaining gossip detailing the lives,
Of their most beloved film stars.'
So you're saying,
An investigation into how that money has been used...
Is completely pointless?
'Not only pointless.
But a waste of taxpayer's hard earned wages.'
Sounds good to me.
Do you have any more probing questions?
That response should put to bed the issue.
And any other accusation of theft.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your Risk Foundation ' by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- SHADES OF LOVE, sherif monem
- A Shoulder to Weep, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Help me I am here, Dustin Hardin
- Into your kingdom, hasmukh amathalal
- High rise, hasmukh amathalal
- Before Death, Ajaeyy Raaj
- the toothless Tiger Dynasties, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Spray, Akhtar Jawad
- Think and breathe, hasmukh amathalal
- Love for care, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)