Lawrence S. Pertillar
$10 a Gallon?
$10 a gallon?
'Does that really matter now?
When it approached
One dollar per gallon...
You should have voiced your concern then!
Not when your pockets have gotten thin.
And deepened to hold more lint!
You want to make cents?
Put these sunglasses on.
Grab a twig from a bush...
And get to begging!
You might gain some sympathy,
From someone who recognizes you are in disguise.
And they are in the mood,
To share with you their good attitude.
IF they have some of 'that' left! '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ($10 a Gallon? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Epitaph on William Muir, Robert Burns
- Sonnet9: If thou hadst become hot summer.., Pijush Biswas
- 357. A Grace before Dinner, Robert Burns
- 314. Song—There'll never be Peace till J.., Robert Burns
- 10 Haiku And 1 Epithalamion, Peter Jay Shippy
- Suffer no more, hasmukh amathalal
- Carver, Edward Kofi Louis
- Wendy Lou, Kim Barney
- Full Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- You are my poetry, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)