Lawrence S. Pertillar
$5 a Barrel of What?
Now sold at what?
Five dollars a barrel?
This is an immediate sign,
That something is not going too well.
Has anyone communicated this,
To those who chose this direction?
And they seem to be okay with this decision?
There just will be more greed.
With those who once had it made in the shade...
To stand with others who demand to feed their needs.
And you all know how improbable that is going to be?
Who is going to touch us anyway?
All Mercedes will be curbed.
And Bentleys will be driven by those deserving.
Why the gloomy faces?
Pass the caviar!
That was one hundred and five US dollars.'
Soon we will build heaven on Earth.
Right here in the desert!
When you have no clue of who those are
You choose to fight...
Do not ever pick the ones
To try to trick on their own land!
You only delay
Displaying yourself the fool.
Enough of this rubbish!
Where is the imported champagne?
And raise that to $115 per barrel.
It belongs to us.
They made this 'their' need.
Do as you please!
Have the lox and bagels arrived?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ($5 a Barrel of What? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Watching the tide, Tony Adah
- To My Elder Sister in Old Age..., Dr John Celes
- Villanelle: Trust no one even wife/husba.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sai Amore (You know honey), Alexander Galbur
- Senyru ' boil ', miken newman
- Lilian, Cherret Leakey
- Power versus Power, Tony Adah
- Fragment, David McLansky
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Raleigh
(1552 - 1618)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)