What is Success
according to you,
If you ask me
i have no clue!
Some say, Success is how high you bounce
when you hit the bottom,
But the real meaning is
only understood by some.
What is success
with which everyone is so obsessed
Getting promotion in a job?
which will make you further slog!
Earning umpteen money?
that does not long last as its only a penny!
Buying a new phone or a car?
does it take you very far!
Scoring good marks in examinations?
long way to go though will temporarily ease your tension!
If you ask me honestly
One thing I can say instantly is
Success comes from happiness,
When you are a reason for someone's smile and cheerfulness
You have people caring for you, waiting for you
You are thought about and loved though by selected trustworthy few
You have a splendid time with your loved one or close buddy
You invest time in yourself and accomplish your long outstanding hobby
At the end I feel, when you have a good satisfying day
Success comes with you in your way!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Success by Kavya ... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1895 - 1985)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor
- A Ten Minutes of Prayer, Reagan A. Latumbo
- lux et umbra, Ann Dow
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder