Spice of Life
Life is beautiful
Yes! its colorful
The value of which unfortunately
is best judged by only a handful!
Ask the value of life to an ill patient
Who is counting his days over a span
Who is nearing death
Who is not able to enjoy life like others can!
Ask the value of life to a person who's blind
Who is craving to see things around
Who is able to feel everything
But not able to enjoy the joy in life that surround!
Ask the value of life to a caged bird or animal
Who is longing to have freedom
To wander freely like other animals
But unable to, due to cruel act of some!
Ask the value of a life to a tree or a plant or a flower
That is soon to get axed or cut
Who has the desire to live
Who can't express its feelings but!
The best judges of life are those
Who are not able to live life though alive
The desire remains unfulfilled
The crave remains within to survive!
Today, we who are able to enjoy the bliss of life
Crib on petty things and make our mind vicious
Ain't we all blessed to be able to Live Life
As every moment of it is so Precious!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Spice of Life by Kavya ... )
- Realize, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Should not mind, hasmukh amathalal
- Bridegroom to His Bride, Frank Avon
- What Is Life?, Abhishek Dubey
- Useless exercise, hasmukh amathalal
- Never letting, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is in south, gajanan mishra
- Student, Paul Sebastian
- "While drifting away..." / Bla.., Jeff Gangwer
- Teacher, Paul Sebastian
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Like the Touch of Rain, Edward Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)