Little King of Sorrows
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death,
I took your hand and held my breath,
For love is patient, love is kind,
Those moments challenged my depth of mind.
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,
unparalleled; unprecedented; dreams and crimes.
Happily ever after they were not meant to be,
their puppy love memories, lost somewhere at sea.
To somebody you just might be the world,
so dizzy from spinning, I heaved and I hurled.
Like we, God saw her getting tired,
and her race, her fight, her love, my eyes so much admired.
When the last inch of your strength un-quelled,
This is what it meant to be HELD.
People will forget what you do and say,
But the memories will always stay.
Short and sweet,
with every beat.
Like the woo,
of Satisfy you.
Happy Birthday to me,
most special it will be,
Perfectly Imperfect our letters,
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (So Cliche by Little King of Sorrows )
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)