Qualities of one’s purity without feeling guilty!
At least while you are going to eat,
One should eat after taking bath!
However great benefit you are getting already
You should not say one sided witness with partiality!
Even if you are going to die without nutrition
Resulting in shrinkage of your body and skin,
If a person is not compromising in governing
His virtue and his character by maintaining!
The above said are the three qualities of one’s purity
Without feeling guilty mentally, verbally and physically!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Qualities of one’s purity without feeling guilty! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Thirikatukam'
உண் பொழுது நீராடி உண்டலும், என் பெறினும்
பால் பற்றிச் சொல்லா விடுதலும், தோல் வற்றிச்
சாயினும் சான்றாண்மை குன்றாமை, -இம் மூன்றும்
தூஉயம் என்பார் தொழில்.27 திரிகடுகம்
Comments about this poem (Qualities of one’s purity without feeling guilty! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- Nigeria Arise and Save thyself, Henry Isiekwe
- Not a minute or a day too late or soon, Mark Heathcote
- Little makes a lot, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- In For A Penny, In For A Buck, Noah Body
- Shriveled Up Inside A Rose, Is It Poetry
- Meditation, Robert Eckstein
- হে নারী, Md. Ziaul Haque
- অনিন্দ্য সৌন্দর্য তোমার, Md. Ziaul Haque
- তুমি আসবে যদি জানতাম আগে, Md. Ziaul Haque
- আমি প্রতিদিন লিখতে চাই, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)