They put on their uniforms every day
In addition, for their safety I do pray.
Some will be in civilian disguise so from the criminals
They can hide, while it may be an undercover task
Moreover, their disguise may not last.
If found out by the criminal mind, their life is on the line.
While the uniformed officers are targets in plain view
And hiding in disguise they cannot do.
They ride around in their police cars
And can be seen from very far.
Their jobs are quite a few-from accidents to robberies
To family abuse too.
They are first to respond to the calls
And they get them all.
Their uniforms may be different from county to county
And from state to state, and in an emergency they all relate.
The largest family you will ever find
And their dedication will blow your mind.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Police Officers by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Kurbatka, skender iljaz braka
- Love Restrained, Sangnam Nam
- Kur thyhej vjeshta, skender iljaz braka
- Kur theva nje enderr, skender iljaz braka
- Kur tee kujtova ty, skender iljaz braka
- Unconditional Love, alexander thor cirera
- Kur te kthehesh nje dite, skender iljaz braka
- Kur te kendoja serenata, skender iljaz braka
- Kur me the te dua, skender iljaz braka
- Can anyone tell?, Somanathan Iyer