************ free spirit**********1979
i was laying beneath a big pine tree
the birds were whistling cheerfully.
the cool gentle breeze blowing thru my hair
and i knew right there, i had not one care.
i saw a squirrel stop and look
it did'nt look like any you'd see in a book.
he was completly black and his eyes were red
that's when i realized that i was dead.
i had no form, no shape, no sound
i was above myself looking down.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (************ free spirit**********1979 by louis rams )
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Dainty Little Poem, Mark R. Elias
- 1959, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- TRANSIENT, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)