One day I’ll tell you a secret
Something that is stored inside my heart
And once I tell you such a thing
Hopefully it will bring an amazing start.
One day I’ll tell you that I love you
And that you belong to me
That I would want you forever by my side
Show my love so the world could see.
One day I’ll marry you on a summer’s eve
On a beach while the sun will set
We’ll share our vows and share our love
How better could our lives get?
One day we’ll share our happiness
And dream a life made from bliss
Build a warm little nest to raise a few kids
What life would be better than this?
And then out of the blue I will tell you
That I can no longer stay
And I’ll break your heart and leave you cold
I don’t know when, I’ll tell you one day.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Day by Genevieve Pilat )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
Poem of the Day
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace