One day I’ll tell you a secret
Something that is stored inside my heart
And once I tell you such a thing
Hopefully it will bring an amazing start.
One day I’ll tell you that I love you
And that you belong to me
That I would want you forever by my side
Show my love so the world could see.
One day I’ll marry you on a summer’s eve
On a beach while the sun will set
We’ll share our vows and share our love
How better could our lives get?
One day we’ll share our happiness
And dream a life made from bliss
Build a warm little nest to raise a few kids
What life would be better than this?
And then out of the blue I will tell you
That I can no longer stay
And I’ll break your heart and leave you cold
I don’t know when, I’ll tell you one day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Day by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman
- My life, Abekah Emmanuel
- Hook-Nosed Barbra, Richard Thripp