One day I’ll tell you a secret
Something that is stored inside my heart
And once I tell you such a thing
Hopefully it will bring an amazing start.
One day I’ll tell you that I love you
And that you belong to me
That I would want you forever by my side
Show my love so the world could see.
One day I’ll marry you on a summer’s eve
On a beach while the sun will set
We’ll share our vows and share our love
How better could our lives get?
One day we’ll share our happiness
And dream a life made from bliss
Build a warm little nest to raise a few kids
What life would be better than this?
And then out of the blue I will tell you
That I can no longer stay
And I’ll break your heart and leave you cold
I don’t know when, I’ll tell you one day.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Day by Genevieve Pilat )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)