One day I’ll tell you a secret
Something that is stored inside my heart
And once I tell you such a thing
Hopefully it will bring an amazing start.
One day I’ll tell you that I love you
And that you belong to me
That I would want you forever by my side
Show my love so the world could see.
One day I’ll marry you on a summer’s eve
On a beach while the sun will set
We’ll share our vows and share our love
How better could our lives get?
One day we’ll share our happiness
And dream a life made from bliss
Build a warm little nest to raise a few kids
What life would be better than this?
And then out of the blue I will tell you
That I can no longer stay
And I’ll break your heart and leave you cold
I don’t know when, I’ll tell you one day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Day by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock