This world we live is in a dreadful state
Attacking one another with words filled with hate
Only to belittle and destroy a person's soul
And build up false confidence to make us feel whole.
Yet let's take a moment and change our ways
Let's start a new movement, it's not just a craze
Before we speak let's instead start to think
Would we want our hate words tattooed in ink?
Hate tattoos that will forever stay
All over your body these words will convey
Who you truly are inside, what type of person you are
These words are your permanent scar.
Forever labeled as the words spoken full of hate
When those see your tattoos it will initially create
An image of you so negative yet exact
Your false confidence slowly cracked.
Would you truly want tattoos that always state
All those negative words full of spite and hate?
If our words can be filled with kindness and heart
Then slowly our world can have a restart.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hate Tattoos by Genevieve Pilat )
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Stop your Sobbing (haiku), Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Beauty in Nature and Human Creativity, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- bruised squeezed sweet fruit, Is It Poetry
- That awkward curfew حظر التجول الحرج ذلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Abroad, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Thinking About You, Ronald Chapman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)