This world we live is in a dreadful state
Attacking one another with words filled with hate
Only to belittle and destroy a person's soul
And build up false confidence to make us feel whole.
Yet let's take a moment and change our ways
Let's start a new movement, it's not just a craze
Before we speak let's instead start to think
Would we want our hate words tattooed in ink?
Hate tattoos that will forever stay
All over your body these words will convey
Who you truly are inside, what type of person you are
These words are your permanent scar.
Forever labeled as the words spoken full of hate
When those see your tattoos it will initially create
An image of you so negative yet exact
Your false confidence slowly cracked.
Would you truly want tattoos that always state
All those negative words full of spite and hate?
If our words can be filled with kindness and heart
Then slowly our world can have a restart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hate Tattoos by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki
- I have seen everywhere, gajanan mishra
- joe dassin, co the skipper
- Of Course, Sonya Annita Song
- Martyrdom, Meena Somasundaram