This world we live is in a dreadful state
Attacking one another with words filled with hate
Only to belittle and destroy a person's soul
And build up false confidence to make us feel whole.
Yet let's take a moment and change our ways
Let's start a new movement, it's not just a craze
Before we speak let's instead start to think
Would we want our hate words tattooed in ink?
Hate tattoos that will forever stay
All over your body these words will convey
Who you truly are inside, what type of person you are
These words are your permanent scar.
Forever labeled as the words spoken full of hate
When those see your tattoos it will initially create
An image of you so negative yet exact
Your false confidence slowly cracked.
Would you truly want tattoos that always state
All those negative words full of spite and hate?
If our words can be filled with kindness and heart
Then slowly our world can have a restart.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hate Tattoos by Genevieve Pilat )
- I am Thy Woman O my Protector, Aftab Alam
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #12, Ronjoy Brahma
- Wandering With Affliction, Donald R Charon
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #11, Ronjoy Brahma
- Thoughtful Interlude, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Look At Easter, Denis Martindale
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #10, Ronjoy Brahma
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns