The sickness in me keeps building up
There is a fever in my mind
All I want is my medicine to cure me
Won't you please be kind?
You are the medicine that I need
I want to be well once more
I want the cure that will make me feel whole
I no longer want to feel sore.
It seems you know how you're my medicine
Yet you act like you don't care
It's a game that you play and you make me beg
How could you even dare?
I try to fight the illness and win
But the sickness is too strong
So I must beg and play your game
I want the cure even if it's wrong.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Medicine by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp
- Floating Feathers, Ronald Chapman
- I LOOK FOR NEW FACES ابحث عن وجوه جديدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI