The sickness in me keeps building up
There is a fever in my mind
All I want is my medicine to cure me
Won't you please be kind?
You are the medicine that I need
I want to be well once more
I want the cure that will make me feel whole
I no longer want to feel sore.
It seems you know how you're my medicine
Yet you act like you don't care
It's a game that you play and you make me beg
How could you even dare?
I try to fight the illness and win
But the sickness is too strong
So I must beg and play your game
I want the cure even if it's wrong.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Medicine by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- a hundred and twenty two miles, months, .., Mandolyn ...
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser