The sickness in me keeps building up
There is a fever in my mind
All I want is my medicine to cure me
Won't you please be kind?
You are the medicine that I need
I want to be well once more
I want the cure that will make me feel whole
I no longer want to feel sore.
It seems you know how you're my medicine
Yet you act like you don't care
It's a game that you play and you make me beg
How could you even dare?
I try to fight the illness and win
But the sickness is too strong
So I must beg and play your game
I want the cure even if it's wrong.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Medicine by Genevieve Pilat )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(21 November 1844 – 19 July 1926)