Blinded by the Dark
Through the dark we fear the worst
We want the world so bright
We shroud our minds with foolish thoughts
And are blinded by the light.
Through the light the world is grand
What we want is ours to take
Our lives are what we want it to be
Even if it all is fake.
Within the dark there are the fears
And ache in one's own soul
The fear of death, the fear of hate
The fear we won't be whole.
And darkness brings the honest truth
Some bitter by the taste
We ask who wants to suffer from truth
When a lie's too good to waste.
The light might keep us happy
It might make all seem great
Yet I'd rather be blinded by the dark
For the dark will hold my real fate.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blinded by the Dark by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock