Blinded by the Dark
Through the dark we fear the worst
We want the world so bright
We shroud our minds with foolish thoughts
And are blinded by the light.
Through the light the world is grand
What we want is ours to take
Our lives are what we want it to be
Even if it all is fake.
Within the dark there are the fears
And ache in one's own soul
The fear of death, the fear of hate
The fear we won't be whole.
And darkness brings the honest truth
Some bitter by the taste
We ask who wants to suffer from truth
When a lie's too good to waste.
The light might keep us happy
It might make all seem great
Yet I'd rather be blinded by the dark
For the dark will hold my real fate.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blinded by the Dark by Genevieve Pilat )
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett
- ህድደን ዎርልድስ - Hidden Worlds, Is It Poetry