Little butterfly, inside your warm cocoon
Dreaming of a world that is made for you
How foolish you are, you silly butterfly
You think the world's divided in two.
The world you see is all but gray
Dull by the given choices
Not one thing new, no forward movement
No new sound of revolution voices.
This world you see falls to destruction
Full of hate, and dread, and spite
The people engulf the fires of sin
And destroy with all their might.
They kill the dreams of the young
And those who dream of life
They want no difference in the world
For fear it will cause some strife.
Yet the world you dream is all in hues
Of yellow, and purple, and blue
New visions reborn, new movements ahead
A new life that is so true.
This world you dream will live on forever
And progress to the future ahead
Where peace and love join hands of all
Where nothing will cause one's dread.
So come out little butterfly,
Open your colored wings and fly
Leave your cocoon and the world you see
And come to the world you dream in the sky.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Butterfly by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey