Certain fires die before their time
Extinguished, never meant to say.
Certain things only absorb, not reflect
Anything, white, black or grey.
Strength is indispensable for revolt.
I am the autumn leaf that has
Lived too long, withered in weathers
Approving the peaceful fate of falling.
Certain eyes lose their shine
Mourning the dead curiosity
Now, nothing can surprise them.
Nothing is worse than the worst.
Denial is an expression of loss.
I hold nothing, so nothing to lose.
Defiance is the attribute of insecure.
Acceptance, of the broken.
Contrasting colors shall be appealing;
Yet not for the blind, for whom
His is the shade that reigns throughout.
He will overlay that shade on mine.
Then behold it, rather pleasantly
Possessed by the blindness
In absolute contentment
It is his ultimate victory.
If a pseudo joy of a pseudo life
Shall suffice to survive long enough,
Am I to be the devil who
Raises the veil before them?
Vulnerability in truth,
In truth is irrational.
The palace of lies,
Is reason to life.
Acceptance, on a lovely note
Fuels certain belittled esteems.
A murmur of faith in noise of rejection;
A lost artifact, immensely valued,
Oh, my uncanny servitude!
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Acceptance by Vartika Pandey )
- For My Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- On pins and needles, gajanan mishra
- Soul's Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Images Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Down below, GRANT FRASER
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Branches Reaching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHY, ala rhmn
- Pabsdorf's Regnen: Dawn of the Summer, Dozie Wogu
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Prayer Before Birth, Louis Macneice
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)