Certain fires die before their time
Extinguished, never meant to say.
Certain things only absorb, not reflect
Anything, white, black or grey.
Strength is indispensable for revolt.
I am the autumn leaf that has
Lived too long, withered in weathers
Approving the peaceful fate of falling.
Certain eyes lose their shine
Mourning the dead curiosity
Now, nothing can surprise them.
Nothing is worse than the worst.
Denial is an expression of loss.
I hold nothing, so nothing to lose.
Defiance is the attribute of insecure.
Acceptance, of the broken.
Contrasting colors shall be appealing;
Yet not for the blind, for whom
His is the shade that reigns throughout.
He will overlay that shade on mine.
Then behold it, rather pleasantly
Possessed by the blindness
In absolute contentment
It is his ultimate victory.
If a pseudo joy of a pseudo life
Shall suffice to survive long enough,
Am I to be the devil who
Raises the veil before them?
Vulnerability in truth,
In truth is irrational.
The palace of lies,
Is reason to life.
Acceptance, on a lovely note
Fuels certain belittled esteems.
A murmur of faith in noise of rejection;
A lost artifact, immensely valued,
Oh, my uncanny servitude!
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Acceptance by Vartika Pandey )
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns