Abyss: The Peace Of Fall
I sensed a barren land of gloom
Of slain inhabitants, I could assume
But never was there a solid ground
I had lost sight, kept plunging down.
Down to an infinity
From nowhere to perpetuity
Fading in the unanticipated fall
A soulless soul, I’m free of all
The pain and joy, they endeavor to write
All their life, and I set fire
To every such page
That encloses this strife.
I fell into what they had sought
A black hole it was!
Painted in crimson,
What they believed in
Deceptive, devoid of cause.
I could not behold the heavens above
Nor fires of hell I did see
A downfall of faith and fate
A resonance hybrid it be!
It is lonely at the top
And lonelier at the bottom
Many a times in between.
No one is a mate of falling.
So oh! How I rise higher than them
The unfortunates gripped in blanket of fear
Abstaining from fall, locked in belongings
Is it ordinary safety, or lust of loss?
I condemn a life lived at mercy
Of identities, delusions, fear and doubt
A leap not gives joy nor peace,
But, a sporadic serenity.
May this fall make me free!
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abyss: The Peace Of Fall by Vartika Pandey )
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)