Abyss: The Peace Of Fall
I sensed a barren land of gloom
Of slain inhabitants, I could assume
But never was there a solid ground
I had lost sight, kept plunging down.
Down to an infinity
From nowhere to perpetuity
Fading in the unanticipated fall
A soulless soul, I’m free of all
The pain and joy, they endeavor to write
All their life, and I set fire
To every such page
That encloses this strife.
I fell into what they had sought
A black hole it was!
Painted in crimson,
What they believed in
Deceptive, devoid of cause.
I could not behold the heavens above
Nor fires of hell I did see
A downfall of faith and fate
A resonance hybrid it be!
It is lonely at the top
And lonelier at the bottom
Many a times in between.
No one is a mate of falling.
So oh! How I rise higher than them
The unfortunates gripped in blanket of fear
Abstaining from fall, locked in belongings
Is it ordinary safety, or lust of loss?
I condemn a life lived at mercy
Of identities, delusions, fear and doubt
A leap not gives joy nor peace,
But, a sporadic serenity.
May this fall make me free!
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abyss: The Peace Of Fall by Vartika Pandey )
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)