Abyss: The Peace Of Fall
I sensed a barren land of gloom
Of slain inhabitants, I could assume
But never was there a solid ground
I had lost sight, kept plunging down.
Down to an infinity
From nowhere to perpetuity
Fading in the unanticipated fall
A soulless soul, I’m free of all
The pain and joy, they endeavor to write
All their life, and I set fire
To every such page
That encloses this strife.
I fell into what they had sought
A black hole it was!
Painted in crimson,
What they believed in
Deceptive, devoid of cause.
I could not behold the heavens above
Nor fires of hell I did see
A downfall of faith and fate
A resonance hybrid it be!
It is lonely at the top
And lonelier at the bottom
Many a times in between.
No one is a mate of falling.
So oh! How I rise higher than them
The unfortunates gripped in blanket of fear
Abstaining from fall, locked in belongings
Is it ordinary safety, or lust of loss?
I condemn a life lived at mercy
Of identities, delusions, fear and doubt
A leap not gives joy nor peace,
But, a sporadic serenity.
May this fall make me free!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abyss: The Peace Of Fall by Vartika Pandey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou
- Karma says Patience, abigail sikwenda
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Where, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta