Abyss: The Peace Of Fall
I sensed a barren land of gloom
Of slain inhabitants, I could assume
But never was there a solid ground
I had lost sight, kept plunging down.
Down to an infinity
From nowhere to perpetuity
Fading in the unanticipated fall
A soulless soul, I’m free of all
The pain and joy, they endeavor to write
All their life, and I set fire
To every such page
That encloses this strife.
I fell into what they had sought
A black hole it was!
Painted in crimson,
What they believed in
Deceptive, devoid of cause.
I could not behold the heavens above
Nor fires of hell I did see
A downfall of faith and fate
A resonance hybrid it be!
It is lonely at the top
And lonelier at the bottom
Many a times in between.
No one is a mate of falling.
So oh! How I rise higher than them
The unfortunates gripped in blanket of fear
Abstaining from fall, locked in belongings
Is it ordinary safety, or lust of loss?
I condemn a life lived at mercy
Of identities, delusions, fear and doubt
A leap not gives joy nor peace,
But, a sporadic serenity.
May this fall make me free!
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abyss: The Peace Of Fall by Vartika Pandey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1563 - 1631)
(7 May 1892 – 20 April 1982)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Gift, Li-Young Lee
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Why do I love you?, Birat Anupam
- CYMER, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Water nation, Birat Anupam
- Land of pilgrimage, gajanan mishra
- A Leafless Sunset, Naveed Khalid
- Don't Reach, Robert Ronnow
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal