Murder Of Sentiments
For an attempt to begin such verse
I must abstain from any meter.
There has also been a murder of rhythm,
Amongst the other sentiments.
I declare it to be
A delusional tragedy
Sung infused with disgust
And the immortal grief.
They rejoice their happy songs
When I still ask back my sanity.
As I look at my unlucky stars
The dimmest in the skies lying far
Look within me now
And see how empty people are!
How people are who feed on themselves
How are those who have lost their senses
Whose dreams demise
Like the summer morning dew
And whose desires are trampled
In demonic trenches.
I am amongst those who pray in the graveyard
I am the one who breathes in death
I drown away in the river of my pain
To slaughter my sentiments again.
Dying is easy for the courageous
So I let my sentiments die.
I have forgot what is normality
And also forgot what was my.
I have escaped from the war
And I am out of the line
Torn between two worlds
Real, and the divine.
I see flesh, I see blood
Of my sentiments and my own
Flowing from far forgone.
Revenge is uninvited
But together we shall be.
I murder my sentiments
And they, murder me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Murder Of Sentiments by Vartika Pandey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Jorg Schmeisser: Antarctic Prints Decemb.., Danny Draper
- Republic Day 2015, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Eternal Bed, Noah Body
- Musing on The March To Life 2015...(Grap.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Paradise Found 2, Paul Butters
- Phyllis, Kim Barney
- Twilight, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Writer's Block, Paul Butters
- Johnny Giles (Clerihew), Paul Butters
- Vapour Trail Sky, Paul Gerard Reed