Murder Of Sentiments
For an attempt to begin such verse
I must abstain from any meter.
There has also been a murder of rhythm,
Amongst the other sentiments.
I declare it to be
A delusional tragedy
Sung infused with disgust
And the immortal grief.
They rejoice their happy songs
When I still ask back my sanity.
As I look at my unlucky stars
The dimmest in the skies lying far
Look within me now
And see how empty people are!
How people are who feed on themselves
How are those who have lost their senses
Whose dreams demise
Like the summer morning dew
And whose desires are trampled
In demonic trenches.
I am amongst those who pray in the graveyard
I am the one who breathes in death
I drown away in the river of my pain
To slaughter my sentiments again.
Dying is easy for the courageous
So I let my sentiments die.
I have forgot what is normality
And also forgot what was my.
I have escaped from the war
And I am out of the line
Torn between two worlds
Real, and the divine.
I see flesh, I see blood
Of my sentiments and my own
Flowing from far forgone.
Revenge is uninvited
But together we shall be.
I murder my sentiments
And they, murder me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Murder Of Sentiments by Vartika Pandey )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(13 January 1957)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Remember Loving Words, Michael P. McParland
- Ready For Bed, Michael P. McParland
- She will be, Vanessa Parodia
- Stop trying, Vanessa Parodia
- Reading, Michael P. McParland
- Radiate With Radiation, Michael P. McParland
- I'm already gone, Vanessa Parodia
- Henry's First Time, douglas scotney
- Once Upon A Moonbeam, Philip Russell
- I Really Did Like You Susan Fewster, Ray Moody