A mere notion of her would’ve been enough
To enthrall her in his artistic being
So intricately carved, I beheld
The otherwise piece of leaden rock.
Her perfect silhouette had endured centuries
As she watched the descendants of the descendants
Go by, like a withered leaf, floating
In the gentle breeze of time.
In this world, so unacknowledged
I shared with her a thread of woe
That made her tranquil and me a demon.
Her youth was immortal, so her splendor
That all were allured by her transfixed gaze.
In her I saw a sorrowful poise
The gentle eyes, a void of grief-filled affection.
How could one not be enmeshed?
And how could one resist temptations
Of proximity to her stature, a touch
From the cold and lifeless, whose
Warmth and passion had filched
Every bit of my unkind soul.
I lament on this grief of lust
I draw a line and lament yet again
Amused by the two Gods
Who had made us stones and humans.
Lashes of time fell upon me
As I continued in the continuity of continuance
And I departed partially
To excuse her serenity for yet another traveler.
Her life and her sorrow
Only realize the worth
Of sympathy, hatred and addiction.
Nothing lies in between...
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stones& Humans by Vartika Pandey )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Silence, Breanna Choma
- only once will i will once only, Mandolyn ...
- Immense Pain, Michael P. McParland
- my fears, Juwon Daniel
- Destiny, Tom Zart
- Anthem For Black Lives To Matter, carol carter
- Animals Need Us, Naveed Akram
- No will, Angell Afinowi
- ak nayi subha, harshit madaan
- a good day to say goodbye, Juwon Daniel