A mere notion of her would’ve been enough
To enthrall her in his artistic being
So intricately carved, I beheld
The otherwise piece of leaden rock.
Her perfect silhouette had endured centuries
As she watched the descendants of the descendants
Go by, like a withered leaf, floating
In the gentle breeze of time.
In this world, so unacknowledged
I shared with her a thread of woe
That made her tranquil and me a demon.
Her youth was immortal, so her splendor
That all were allured by her transfixed gaze.
In her I saw a sorrowful poise
The gentle eyes, a void of grief-filled affection.
How could one not be enmeshed?
And how could one resist temptations
Of proximity to her stature, a touch
From the cold and lifeless, whose
Warmth and passion had filched
Every bit of my unkind soul.
I lament on this grief of lust
I draw a line and lament yet again
Amused by the two Gods
Who had made us stones and humans.
Lashes of time fell upon me
As I continued in the continuity of continuance
And I departed partially
To excuse her serenity for yet another traveler.
Her life and her sorrow
Only realize the worth
Of sympathy, hatred and addiction.
Nothing lies in between...
Vartika Pandey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stones& Humans by Vartika Pandey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Mending Wall, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Atonement, maria sudibyo
- Paper Cut, maria sudibyo
- Unfinished Poem, maria sudibyo
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon