Naughty Neighboring Table.... [Man's wandering eyes; Marriage; Dining out; Personal]
I was sitting at a little table, my mate seated opposite me on a long wall bench,
when in walked and sat two feet from my mate, a long-legged, young blonde wench.
I went about my business of perusing menu, ordering, and beginning meal.
But, darn it, I couldn't help stealing glances of the girl, from her crown down to her heel.
A second young lady came and sat across from the first. Were they a couple?
As the first one raised her water glass to tender lips with a hand smooth and supple......,
I consciously made sure I looked (usually) elsewhere. No staring!
Then the blonde pulled off her sweater, revealing a T-shirt. Was she, a brassiere, wearing?
I don't think my mate noticed my wandering eyes. Subtle I can be.
But I had the sensation of flesh expanding from below my belt line towards my left knee.
Thank goodness for long shirttails, back AND front, and low restaurant lighting.
I'd not want my mate, when I rose from my chair, to make an embarrassing sighting.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Naughty Neighboring Table.... [Man's wandering eyes; Marriage; Dining out; Personal] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- HEATH THE IMPERSONATOR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Forgive or Forget, Deanna Gorton
- HATS OFF TO DR. CAMERON AND JOANN, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Day By Day With God Make My Way (Sonneti.., Dorian Petersen Potter
- HAROLD'S COFFEE LOUNGE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- The Al-Mighty God, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- He Send Us (Nonet), Dorian Petersen Potter
- ANGELS ARE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ANGELICA HUSTON, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Batman And Robin (Limerick), Dorian Petersen Potter
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)