My Fragile Heart
If words of inspiration could be my burning desire,
If only the love I feel could be my eternal joy.
Then my soul will forever rest in the arms of my beloved.
I promised never to give my fragile heart away to the wind,
But it just swept me out of my feet and fell in a vine yard.
She made me feel what I thought would never come my way.
She brought back the long lost joy within my heart.
Do you feel pain when you miss a loved one?
Do you call for help when they come to you in different folds?
My heart jumps up high and tries to catch the breathe in the air.
I miss her soothing voice that echoes into my ears.
I miss her sensitive heart that fills the love within me.
All I want is to feel her presence right by my side,
I will never ask for more than her love that overwhelms all things
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Fragile Heart by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- I felt my heart going boom, boom, boom, Erato
- The Good Thieves, Peter Jay Shippy
- Villanelle, Peter Jay Shippy
- First comes a riddle, Ahmed Tawfik
- My Father was a Farmer: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- It's Hard to Imagine That Nothing At All.., Peter Jay Shippy
- How cruel are the parents, Robert Burns
- Things change, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lines to an Old Sweetheart, Robert Burns
- To Miss Ferrier, enclosing Elegy on Sir .., Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns