Monsters Against One
As I walked slowly down the lane in the middle of the night, I saw a woman in black, right in front of me.
She was neither going nor coming nor motionless,
my heart beat increased, fear engulfed me,
the darkness in my head became denser than the night that enveloped me.
I walked hastily to catch up with the myterious creature to satisfy my curiousity, as I got closer, the earth opened deep and wide with an unfarmiliar sound.
The earth swallowed her, and the rift was no more.my blood froze, my eyes poped out, my heart beat multiplied.
I took on my heels trying to get home, there again was the monster, now approaching me.
I turned to go back, there again an exact copy of the monster.
Now they are everywhere, north, east and south, west with blood gurgling from their murdorous eyes.
The inevitable moment came, my flesh to be devoured, they panged on me at once, suddenly, I began to ascend up unto the sky slowly like a bubble rising up through water.
They stretched their arms to get me, I was far beyond their reach.
With that little courage, I said 'I seek refuge against satan the rejected'
they groaned and vinished into thin air,
i felt a warm tap on my back,
'wake up it's time for salat'my brother said! ! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Constructive critics are welcome! !
Comments about this poem (Monsters Against One by Sudais Green )
- Forgive Me, Ismim Putera
- A Monster's Warning, Bruce Larkin
- Of Teares, John Beaumont
- Advice from the Jackalope Man, Bruce Larkin
- THE MIND OF A BLACKSMITH..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- ~ Living ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dialogue Between The World, A Pilgrim .., John Beaumont
- Bookworm, Naveed Khalid
- An Act Of Hope, John Beaumont
- I wish, nishca koeries
Poem of the Day
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- From 'The Testament of Beauty', Robert Seymour Bridges
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)