Monsters Against One
As I walked slowly down the lane in the middle of the night, I saw a woman in black, right in front of me.
She was neither going nor coming nor motionless,
my heart beat increased, fear engulfed me,
the darkness in my head became denser than the night that enveloped me.
I walked hastily to catch up with the myterious creature to satisfy my curiousity, as I got closer, the earth opened deep and wide with an unfarmiliar sound.
The earth swallowed her, and the rift was no more.my blood froze, my eyes poped out, my heart beat multiplied.
I took on my heels trying to get home, there again was the monster, now approaching me.
I turned to go back, there again an exact copy of the monster.
Now they are everywhere, north, east and south, west with blood gurgling from their murdorous eyes.
The inevitable moment came, my flesh to be devoured, they panged on me at once, suddenly, I began to ascend up unto the sky slowly like a bubble rising up through water.
They stretched their arms to get me, I was far beyond their reach.
With that little courage, I said 'I seek refuge against satan the rejected'
they groaned and vinished into thin air,
i felt a warm tap on my back,
'wake up it's time for salat'my brother said! ! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Constructive critics are welcome! !
Comments about this poem (Monsters Against One by Sudais Green )
- I Don't Care If You Don't Like It, Michael McParland
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)