Monsters Against One
As I walked slowly down the lane in the middle of the night, I saw a woman in black, right in front of me.
She was neither going nor coming nor motionless,
my heart beat increased, fear engulfed me,
the darkness in my head became denser than the night that enveloped me.
I walked hastily to catch up with the myterious creature to satisfy my curiousity, as I got closer, the earth opened deep and wide with an unfarmiliar sound.
The earth swallowed her, and the rift was no more.my blood froze, my eyes poped out, my heart beat multiplied.
I took on my heels trying to get home, there again was the monster, now approaching me.
I turned to go back, there again an exact copy of the monster.
Now they are everywhere, north, east and south, west with blood gurgling from their murdorous eyes.
The inevitable moment came, my flesh to be devoured, they panged on me at once, suddenly, I began to ascend up unto the sky slowly like a bubble rising up through water.
They stretched their arms to get me, I was far beyond their reach.
With that little courage, I said 'I seek refuge against satan the rejected'
they groaned and vinished into thin air,
i felt a warm tap on my back,
'wake up it's time for salat'my brother said! ! ! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Constructive critics are welcome! !
Comments about this poem (Monsters Against One by Sudais Green )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Light of Your Smile, Jeffrey Gonell
- limericks section (more to be added) f.., lee fones
- Because of my dream, Alex Adeoye
- O CRUEL AGGRESSORS! YOU CAN NOT BEND OR .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Puddles Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE MORE THAN WHAT W.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar
- Margrit Biever Mondavi…..Happy Birthday .., James B. Earley
- Symbols Unremembered, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi