M.Tsvetaeva, Psycheya - translation (rus.)
I not an imposter - I've returned to home,
I'm not a maid - I need not any bread.
I'm your passion, your rest moment,
I'm your seventh day, your seventh heaven.
There, on earth, they gave me peanut
And hang the millstones on neck so heavy.
- My darling! Don't you recognize?
I'm your swallow, and your Psycheya.
You are dressed, my tender, in rugs,
Which was formely a delicate flesh.
All were torn and all raveled out, -
Only two wings remained to end.
Let you dress me in splendour,
Bless me and save me.
And my rugs, being fret and smouldered
Take to a chasuble's crypt.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, Psycheya - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Give Thanks, Charles Jagongo
- Bones, Casey Renee Kiser
- WE WERE ONCE, Jon Alan
- A Mother's Loneliness, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- God ia not all macho, kalemeera collins
- My mom, Meenakshi Hariharan
- 2006 Tsunami, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Yes, I am emotional, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Perspective, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr