You and I have been for 17 moons
Seventeen I would rather stretch for eternity
But precious Providence's boons
Allows for new times everyday
To exist together in our own entity
In view of the orbs of your light will I play.
Rejoicing in the sheer mirth of your attention
More days of linking your arm in mine
Showing you off, the object of my affection
Your shimmering skin puts starry nights to shame
Welling joy in my heart, making dark times fine
If asked what you are I'll call you Wiseman's flame.
The jewel on top of a dragon's hoard
Arousing passion, making sadness tame
Surely you surpass palm wine in a gourd
Clear and sweet but nonetheless intoxicating and beautiful
Your beauty's potency calls to me beyond picture frames
Calming me, telling me of everything meaningful.
Will you take my hand and step into the future?
Ignore this litany, let us challenge this adventure.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lunar XVII by Oke Christopher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso