She Wants To Be Adored
I watched from the stairs of my home
As she brushed her hair with a glassy comb.
It's Saturday night and the speakers are singing,
The cars are rushing by, urged by the men they are bringing.
It's Saturday night and the booze is plenty,
Before her date tonight, four bottles are already empty.
Leering lecherously, he pulled her close,
He showed her the pills and she took one dose
He snorted loudly and licked her face,
He called her sexy and they went to her place.
He awoke a little before quarter to four,
Hurriedly and harriedly drove off in his Crosstour.
It's Sunday morning and Episcopal bells are ringing,
She's in the front row, 'Hail Hosanna' singing.
'Be as sister Grace' was the petit priest's reprise,
'As chaste, hardworking and not wanting a prize.'
She smiled and waved,
'Hallelujah, be like her, be saved'.
I shall never understand women said I once, my ire astir,
They know not what they want, their reasoning and conscience beyond repair.
That was after my third love went overboard...
Now I think I know she just wants to be adored.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Wants To Be Adored by Oke Christopher )
- - My Poems Introduction The Romantic Poe.., Ali Sabry
- Thomas Shadwell (an intro), Yohan Confectioner
- - My Last Letter To My Lovely Beauty Lad.., Ali Sabry
- - Yesterday I Was Walking Alone On The R.., Ali Sabry
- - To My Dear Expensive-, Ali Sabry
- 'My Dear', Ali Sabry
- - -My Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You With All My Heart O My Fair.., Ali Sabry
- - I Love You Blind-, Ali Sabry
- - -I Have Chosen You From Among The Beau.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)