Tears Of A Clown
The tears of a clown
Are shed alone,
Each teardrop running on its own.
The tears love the dark places lined with stone.
They say life is hard,
Yes, indeed, it is for the child in a man
The child is the joker on the card
And the man right behind wearing deadpan.
The clown’s tears are galled honey,
Hard to get and hard to end.
They laugh at the death of the man’s conscience,
And poke fun at the loss of the child’s innocence.
The tears of the clown reside in the dark,
Spiting him, leaving him hurt and stark.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tears Of A Clown by Oke Christopher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- coal on the asphalt, a mile away, Mandolyn ...
- In the red painted manor, Emmanuel George Cefai
- God has made, gajanan mishra
- FIRE BRAZIER منقل النار, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI