A truth it is that man's joy is incomplete,
But passion is everything, this I do posit.
I find mine in the depth of your eyes,
The thick of your deep spasmodic sighs;
My greed and my desire,
To meld with you as with fire
Makes me explore every inch of your covering
To find what really makes your being
I shall be patient as should death,
Till our unity is permanent on this hearth.
I despise these bodies that separate us
I swear to find an opening to make one of us
In shivering, in vibrations to make one,
For minutes of eternity at least we are one.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One by Oke Christopher )
- ZZ The Many Ways Soldiers Die, Saiom Shriver
- Lately, Dominique Lamboy
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS كلماتي و كلماتها, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George