Shining star on high,
Behold the earth, behold you draw nigh,
You flame of dust,
Art thou doused with lust?
You who rode the sky,
Art thou now firmaments shy?
Stars never shine alone
But thou dieth alone!
You who lit the path for all,
Do you now by Milky Way fall?
Thou who art great and mighty,
Do you now take your ability lightly?
I would rather you were sailing across the skies,
I would rather you were as the eagle flies!
But I feel you plummet,
Like the daily act of sun and sunset
Look! You shoot towards a black hole!
Wouldst thou perish? Thy body and thy soul!
Even though your core is covered in darkness
Shine more and light my wilderness.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Astra by Oke Christopher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- Two Green Tomatoes Smashed In The Street, Mandolyn ...