Shining star on high,
Behold the earth, behold you draw nigh,
You flame of dust,
Art thou doused with lust?
You who rode the sky,
Art thou now firmaments shy?
Stars never shine alone
But thou dieth alone!
You who lit the path for all,
Do you now by Milky Way fall?
Thou who art great and mighty,
Do you now take your ability lightly?
I would rather you were sailing across the skies,
I would rather you were as the eagle flies!
But I feel you plummet,
Like the daily act of sun and sunset
Look! You shoot towards a black hole!
Wouldst thou perish? Thy body and thy soul!
Even though your core is covered in darkness
Shine more and light my wilderness.
Oke Christopher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Astra by Oke Christopher )
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
- Friend-Zoned, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)